The Following Positions are Available:
Please address Inquires to Bay4 HR at email@example.com
Bay4 Energy Services, LLC is an EOE.
Solar Portfolio Manager (Tucson)
Bay4 Energy Services, LLC, a leading provider of operations and maintenance for commercial and utility-scale solar energy installations in the United States, is seeking a professional to be based in Tucson, Arizona to service client solar energy assets and manage a regional field service technician workforce.
The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 3 years experience managing the servicing and operation of commercial solar photovoltaic assets, managing and scheduling field personnel as well as the administration of O&M contracts. An engineering degree and NABCEP certification is a plus.
If you want to join a successful and growing high performance team, please submit your resume and salary requirements via email.
Bay4 Energy Services, LLC is an EOE
Field Service Technician (Minnesota)
Bay4 Energy Services, a national leader in the management and servicing of commercial solar power plants, is seeking an experienced electrical technician to maintain and repair photovoltaic sites in Minnesota
- Respond to tickets from dispatch.
- Routine site maintenance.
- Oversight of 3rd party technicians.
- Preventative Maintenance, including detailed notes, descriptions of issues and photos.
- Handle warranty repair and replacement.
- Troubleshoots issues as they arise; evaluates alternatives and proposes solutions.
- Test, Analyze, and Repair problems in Photovoltaic Inverters and monitoring (DAS) Systems, as well as other components of large (>30KW) PV power plants.
- Perform moderately complex but repetitive testing, and troubleshooting.
- Uses, maintains, and secures test devices and tools used to adjust, calibrate, and repair equipment; including clamp-on meters, PQA, IV Curve tracer.
- Ensures that service commitments are met within expected response time.
- Manages vehicle inventory and restocks as necessary.
- Completes required paperwork (time sheets, service orders, forms, inventory, expense reports, and equipment related items).
- 5+ years electrical experience
- Appropriate licensing to work as electrician in the designated area.
- Working knowledge of solar industry best practices, NEC requirements, and diagnosis/repair of common solar failures.
- Ability to work well with subcontracted Construction personnel in resolution of issues identified in the field during that phase of a project.
- Ability to take detailed documentation and assessment of any/all task at hand
- NABCEP certification or other component specific solar certifications a plus
Project Engineer Solar (Tucson)
Bay4 Energy is the leading independent renewable commercial energy service provider in the U.S. with more than 30 years of asset performance and portfolio management experience. We provide a comprehensive offering of services, partnering with our customers to manage every aspect of a project or portfolio from independent engineering reviews and project audits, to contract and financial management, through O&M monitoring and warranty fulfillment.
If you have experience in Project Management and/or an industrial, energy, or manufacturing environment with supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems as well as excellent technical writing and analytical skills, this is a great opportunity to become part of the growing commercial renewable energy industry.
The Performance Test Engineer is responsible for conducting independent engineering reviews, project commissioning, site assessments, root cause analysis and other technical projects in the assessment, development and upkeep of commercial photovoltaic (PV) power plants.
Responsibilities may include:
- Performing and/or assisting in the execution of all aspects of Independent Engineering Reviews of PV power plants, including review of documentation, site inspections, technical due diligence, troubleshooting, and report creation.
- Interfacing with project owners/stakeholders as a consultant who assesses technical and financial risk for their projects.
- Performing financial analysis of proposed upgrades and improvements to existing systems.
- Performing and/or assisting in special site assessments, including determination of root causes of system under-performance and development and execution of remediation plans.
- Providing background research on technical questions both for internal use and for customer use.
- Compiling and analyzing field and lab data.
- Design and fabrication of hardware and software needed for testing stations or field repairs.
- Bench testing and repair of SCADA components.
- Special projects as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have the following minimum experience and skills:
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical, manufacturing, renewable energy, or a related engineering field.
- Working experience with SCADA systems in an industrial, manufacturing, or commercial energy environment.
- Demonstrated excellent technical writing and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Excellent communications and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
Director of Field Services (Tucson)
Bay4 is a leader in the operations and maintenance of commercial solar power plants for more than 1500 sites nationwide and growing. The Field Services Director is responsible for the daily operation of the field service organization including management of the field service force and scheduling of trucks and technicians, work forecasting, fleet and warehouse maintenance, training, and mentoring. The position is also responsible for improving profitability by maximizing revenue and managing labor and material expense while achieving operational performance that meets or exceeds corporate and customer expectations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to department P&L, managing solar assets and the contracts that govern those assets, as well as the quality of performance in the field.
- Responsible for managing all field operations, including but not limited to preventive maintenance; corrective maintenance, performance optimization, inventory management, meeting contractual obligations, washing panels, fleet maintenance, supply contracts.
- Develops and manages project schedules for technicians and trucks nation-wide
- Manage warehouse(s) and inventory of Bay4 and customer parts.
- Ensure all field service projects are completed within budget/deadline to meet customers’ needs
- Develops and implements policies, procedures and training for on-site safety, testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Works with field management and service personnel to ensure quick responses to field events and communications with customers.
- Administers and ensures compliance with O&M and Service contracts.
- Communicates project status, risks, and opportunities to senior management.
- Responsible for technical training programs, ensuring field employees are fully trained and qualified to perform their assigned duties.
- Creates annual O&M, service and warranty budgets for review and approval by senior management
- Creates and maintains documentation regarding contractual obligations in the areas of customer and technical service.
- Ensures the maintenance of up-to-date manufacturer and safety certifications of Field Service Technicians.
- Manages policy deployment in the areas of performance standards, quality, cost reduction, customer satisfaction, plant performance measures.
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
- Ensures compliance with Company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, and complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
- Help determine operations headcount needs and ensures compliance with Company policies.
- Manages compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in O&M service management, project controls, scheduling, service, contracts administration
- Experience developing, implementing and managing a skills-based technical service program with a distributed workforce.
- Proven leadership and ability to orchestrate resources and motivate teams
- Demonstrated sense of urgency in problem solving and commitment to deliver revenue/profitability to plan.
- Key skills include energy concepts, financial analysis, basic knowledge of construction, electrical concepts, contract management, strong organization, and prioritization