Available positions can be found by visiting our website: www.naes.com/careers
Bay4 Energy Services, LLC is an EOE.
Field Service Technicians – California
Bay4 Energy Services, a national leader in the management and servicing of commercial solar power plants, is seeking experienced electrical technicians to maintain and repair photovoltaic sites in both northern California and southern California.
- Respond to tickets from dispatch.
- Routine site maintenance.
- Oversight of 3rd party technicians.
- Preventative Maintenance, including detailed notes, descriptions of issues and photos.
- Handle warranty repair and replacement.
- Troubleshoots issues as they arise; evaluates alternatives and proposes solutions.
- Test, Analyze, and Repair problems in Photovoltaic Inverters and monitoring (DAS) Systems, as well as other components of large (>30KW) PV power plants.
- Perform moderately complex but repetitive testing, and troubleshooting.
- Uses, maintains, and secures test devices and tools used to adjust, calibrate, and repair equipment; including clamp-on meters, PQA, IV Curve tracer.
- Ensures that service commitments are met within expected response time.
- Manages vehicle inventory and restocks as necessary.
- Completes required paperwork (time sheets, service orders, forms, inventory, expense reports, and equipment related items).
- 5+ years electrical experience
- Appropriate licensing to work as electrician in the designated area.
- Working knowledge of solar industry best practices, NEC requirements, and diagnosis/repair of common solar failures.
- Ability to work well with subcontracted Construction personnel in resolution of issues identified in the field during that phase of a project.
- Ability to take detailed documentation and assessment of any/all task at hand
- NABCEP certification or other component specific solar certifications a plus